2022 Call for Proposals on ANSO International Collaborative Research
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit and non-governmental international science organization founded in 2018 with the coordination of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the support of 36 other national and international science and education institutions from around the world. 30 new members were added to the organization with the approval of the ANSO General Assembly that took place in January, 2022. ANSO catalyzes and supports Collaborative Research projects in Science, Technology, Innovation and Capacity Building (STIC) to address major global sustainable challenges and to help advance the UN SDGs under the principles of joint consultation, joint efforts and joint sharing.
Here is the guideline for ANSO call for Collaborative Research in 2022. By which, we intend to seek good ideas, suggestions and proposals from our Member organizations and partners on the formulation and launch of sound, feasible and high-impact cooperative projects. The ANSO Collaborative Research, at the current stage, gives high emphasis on the S&T cooperation and partnerships between and among ANSO Members and partners in the areas of high importance to green and sustainable development of the world.
We highly encourage collaborative research ideas and proposals focusing on the following topics.
1) Basic Science: 2022 is the International Year of Basic Sciences for Sustainable Development (IYBSSD), therefore, ANSO gives special attention to proposals and ideas in the scientific disciplines of physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics and astronomy, etc.
2) Environmental Changes: key regional and global environmental challenges such as Climate Change & Adaptation, Water/Land Resources, Urbanization, Land Degradation, Biodiversity Decline, Endangered Species, Ecosystem Services and Ecological Security, etc.
3) Public Health: research and technology related to COVID-19 and other infectious disease; impacts of pandemic to the achievement of the UN SDGs, especially on Poverty, Hunger, Water and Sanitation, etc.
4) Agriculture and Food Security: issues of great significance for sustainable agriculture such as Extreme weathers, Prediction and Prevention of Flood, Drought, Landslide and Debris Flow and other Natural Hazards; Monitoring and Assessing Food Productivity; Hybrid Technologies in Agriculture, etc.
5) Green Technology: innovative technologies and tech-transfer in the areas of high relevance to livelihood, such as Clean Water & Water Saving; Clean Energy; Circular Economy; Environmental Protection; Decarbonization and Net-zero Carbon Emission, etc.
1) The Principal Investigator (PI) of a proposed project should be from an ANSO Member organization (Listed in Attachment 2).
2) The collaborators of the proposed project should be from at least 3 countries (Not necessarily from ANSO Member countries). At least one of the collaborators should be from ANSO Member organizations.
3) A collaborator from China is highly recommended.
4) If you are currently working on an ANSO project as a Principal Investigator , you cannot reapply as a PI; if you are working on 3 or more ANSO projects as a collaborator, you cannot work on any other ANSO projects.
5) Please fill up the application form (Attachment 1) for follow-up communication and discussion.
6) The deadline for submission is July 15th, 2022.
7) Please be advised that any idea and proposal will be discussed and responded.
1) 3 Years, Max. 50,000 USD per year from ANSO.
2) In-kind funding and contribution from other resources are highly appreciated.
Please send the completed forms to the ANSO Secretariat at email@example.com. If you have any questions and inquiry, please contact us by the above email at any time for more information.
1. Where the funds will be transferred to?
The grant will be transferred to the account of the PI’s organization.
2. If a researcher is not from any ANSO Member countries, can he/she be involved in the project?
3. Can NGOs be involved as collaborators?
Yes. NGOs can be involved as collaborators as well.
4. Is there any age limit for the applicants?
No. There is no age limit for the applicants.
5. Can I submit more than one proposal?
No. One principal investigator can submit only one proposal.
Download the attachments: